Stagemount Ltd. Complaints Handling Procedure:
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our customers – when something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it so we can work on making things better in the future.
As a consumer credit lender our services are subject to the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you have a complaint about our services you should write to us either by post, telephone or email using the details on the Contact Us page.
What will happen next?
1. We will always attempt to resolve complaints by the close of business on the third business day following receipt of the complaint. If we are able to resolve your complaint within this time frame then we will send you a summary resolution of complaint which will confirm that we have resolved your complaint and also information relating to if you should subsequently be dissatisfied with the resolution that you may be able to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
2. If we are unable to resolve your complaint by this time, we will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
3. We will then investigate your complaint. This will involve passing your complaint to the Compliance and Audit Manager. This Manager is independent from the department in question with the complaint to stop any conflict of interest. They will then review and investigate your complaint and gather information from any member of staff who has handled your account.
4. The Manager will then write to you with a response to your complaint. This advice of our findings, any action taken with a view to resolving your complaint. S/he will do this within eight weeks of sending you the acknowledgement letter. If you are not satisfied with our finding you have a number of options:
5. You can refer your complaint to our trade association, the CFA who subsequently offer a reconciliation service. Their details are below or :
6. You can escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. They are an independent body who are responsible for resolving disputes and their service is free to use. Their details are below. You may refer your complaint to them if you are dissatisfied with our response or if we do not respond within eight weeks of when we first received your complaint. You then have six months in which to refer your complaint to them from the date of our response letter.
Consumer Finance Association
C/0 MHA MacIntyre Hudson
PO Box 17401 Birmingham
Web: Consumer Finance Association
Tel: Telephone: 0203 553 3668
You can also submit your complaint via the European Online Dispute Resolution platform: http://ec.europa.eu/odr